Your Ultimate List of Things to do at Lake of the Ozarks on a Rainy Day
A rainy day at the Lake of the Ozarks may not be what you were hoping for on your vacation. Don’t stress out though, because there are tons of indoor activities to do at the Lake. From sight-seeing to swimming and staying active, your indoor entertainment options will have you forgetting about the bad weather. Grab your buddies or load the kids into the car, because you’ll be having fun all day- even in the rain.
Indoor Activities for Kids and Families
- If you’re off the water because of rain, but are okay with dodging the showers, head to the Bagnell Dam Strip for some old fashioned fun. Play skee-ball for prizes in the arcade, then head to one of the many souvenir shops for a trinket to take-home. Find the perfect swimsuit or flip-flops to wear tomorrow in one of the boutiques. Don’t forget about Grandma’s Candy Kitchen where you can stock up on amazing fudge, taffy, chocolate and other sweets from a head-spinning array.
- Bowling is always a great way to spend a rainy day. Check out Eagle Lanes in Osage Beach or the bowling alley inside the Tan-Tar-A Resort complex. See who can score the highest or grab the bumpers to help little ones master their throw.
- Miner Mike’s and Busters has everything a kid could want on vacation- an arcade, maze, rides, and even an indoor go-kart track. Earn tickets for prizes, zoom along in the elevated track, or spend the afternoon watching the kids chase each other through the maze. You’ll get hungry eventually, so it’s a good thing you can get food on the spot. Fuel up and then enjoy a few more hours of all the kid fun you can handle.
- Watching a movie is always good rainy day fun. Choose from a show at one of the 8 auditoriums at Eagle’s Landing Cinema. There’s always a great selection of kids movies, thrillers and comedies to choose from, so grab your popcorn and let’s go to the movies!
- In the mood for a little more action? Laser Force laser tag will bring out all the competition in your group and get you moving. Bring up to 25 of your closest friends for a RPG through black lights and fog. Shoot your laser beam at your opponents’ vest to knock them out. Check your scorecard afterward so you can see who won.
- Jetz Trampoline Park is another indoor activity that will keep you moving. Run around and try the different trampoline configurations, practice your jumps, or play dodgeball. There’s even a toddler area to keep the little ones safe.
- Tan-Tar-A Resort’s indoor water park (Timber Falls) is the ultimate way to get wet when you can’t be outside. Maybe it’s the middle of winter, or maybe there’s a big storm a’ comming- either way the slides, playground and pools at Timber Falls will keep you smiling all day. Adults will have just as much fun enjoying the lazy river and whirlpool.
Indoor Activities Geared Toward Adults
- Old Time Photos is on the Strip, but it’s a destination on its own. Browse the aisles of costumes, choose your backdrop and then snap a photo that will take you to yesteryear. Bring your bachelorette party to pose as hussies in a saloon, or take an anniversary pic as a pioneer couple. Whatever you choose, the friendly staff will help you take a photo that will stand the test of time.
- Lake Escape is also on the Strip and is a great way to challenge yourself to a rainy-day real-life head-scratcher. Get “locked” in a room until you figure out the clues...all while the clock ticks. You and your friends will love working together to solve the riddle and enjoy the challenge of this escape room.
- Main Street Music Hall makes for a great evening of entertainment off the water. Enjoy the mix of comedy, musical talent, and Ozarks culture that this show has to offer. Although it doesn’t keep kids moving like the activities on our kids’ list above, it is a great way to spend a relaxing night with the youngsters too. They’ll be singing along and laughing right beside you.
- Visit an area distillery or winery for a laid-back day of sipping handcrafted beverages. Many of the locations offer tours so you can learn about the process and talk to the owners. Most offer beverages other than what’s made in-house, so anyone will find something they like. Some even have lunch and snacks so you can stay all day.
- A day of self care may be just what the doctor ordered. Start with an invigorating morning at Spa Shiki getting a facial and pedicure. Grab a fresh squeezed juice and take a yoga class at SQeZ to get your body in gear. Then head to Infinity Float Spa to experience weightlessness and meditation in a saltwater pool. After a relaxing day off the Lake, your whole body will be ready for a fun day in the sun tomorrow.
- For some, heading to a local museum is a fun and engaging way to spend a day learning about the local area. There are quite a few museums to choose from. Willmore Lodge offers lots of photos and info about the construction of Bagnell Dam. Each county also has its own museum for more specific displays about each area.
Any of these activities are fun, rain or shine. But when bad weather hits during your Lake of the Ozarks vacation, you just need a good list of things to do inside. On top of these activities, you can always enjoy the amazing array of restaurants in the area. Even snuggling up in your room with a good movie and snacks can be a great way to spend the day indoors with the ones you love.