Bed and Breakfasts at Lake of the Ozarks to Put On Your List of Places to Stay
Lake of the Ozarks bed and breakfasts are the perfect way to enjoy your next vacation at Lake of the Ozarks. They're smaller and more personal, with hosts that will work hard to make sure you enjoy your stay. While hotels may be cheaper and resorts may have more amenities, B&Bs offer a totally relaxed atmosphere that is a perfect fit for some travelers.
Who loves bed and breakfasts?
- Solo travelers like bed and breakfasts because they're a welcome break from the fast-paced life of business travel. By driving a few extra miles and allowing yourself the time to relax, you're recharging your mind and body for a more productive work week. And who knows who you'll meet at the breakfast table? Business is all about making connections, and a B&B stay is a wonderful way to network.
- Couples love B&Bs too. Hosts are usually willing to help you with flowers, chocolate, and champagne delivery, and can help you find romantic activities in the area. The private rooms and hot tubs make spending time together all the more enjoyable.
- Planning an elopement? Bed and breakfast owners are usually more than happy to help! With beautiful outdoor spots to say your vows and nearby rooms for a few special guests, it's a wedding option that is perfect for making memories.
- Ladies trips love the personal touches that a B&B offers. You have the privacy of your own room, with the common space to hang out, play games, and enjoy the summer weather together. Choose one near the mall or a spa to take advantage of the things your group likes to do.
- Guys trips like bed and breakfasts for many of the same reasons. Read more about Bass and Baskets below to schedule a fishing expedition for your group. Get out of bed, eat an amazing breakfast, then walk a few steps to the dock for your day on the lake.
Most B&Bs have themed rooms for you to enjoy. Plus, you'll love the home-cooked breakfast and friendly conversation. Unplug your phone and enjoy nature and your travel partner. These bed and breakfasts are a perfect lodging choice.
The Inn at Harbor Ridge
To enjoy a nice weekend away from it all at the Lake, book your next vacation at The Inn at Harbor Ridge. Nestled in the Ozarks forrest, this B&B is locally owned by the friendliest couple that is happy to go above and beyond during your stay. Choose from several room themes and enjoy amenities like king-sized beds, a private patio, and everything else you would expect. After a romantic evening, you can wake up to breakfast in bed on venture downstairs to enjoy talking with other guests.
You can spend your days at nearby activities like Ozarks Distillery or Pirates Cove Adventure Golf, have dinner and a few drinks at Redhead Lakeside Grill or Shorty Pants, or venture into town for a shopping expedition at the Outlet Mall.
Bass and Baskets
For visitors who are looking for a place to stay that can indulge their fishing activities, Bass and Baskets is the B&B to check out. While it has wonderful breakfasts in the morning, on-site outdoor activities, and in-room amenities, Bass and Baskets shines when it comes to fishing. Owner Ed is Coast Guard Certified and offers bass fishing trips right off the dock. Learn tips and tricks for bass fishing at the Lake of the Ozarks from a pro! Alternatively, if you're wanting a more romantic couple-oriented stay, Barb is happy to arrange roses, chocolate, or champagne in your room.
Bass and Baskets is located on Horseshoe Bend, so you'll be near lots of fun activities. Play a round of golf at The Ridge, spend a day lying in the sun at Lazy Gators, or enjoy many of the great waterfront restaurants in the area. You and your sweetie can enjoy all the lake has to offer, knowing you have a welcoming place to stay when you're done.
Cottage by the Castle
If you love being outdoors and want to spend your time at the Lake of the Ozarks exploring nature, Cottage by the Castle is a great place to make home base. It's near Ha Ha Tonka State Park and offers lots of ways to enjoy the area. Rent a canoe or kayak to paddle around the lake and view the castle ruins by water. Order a picnic basket from the amazing hosts so you can start your day early and enjoy a packed lunch in the park.
The B&B rooms have themes you can choose from and a hot tub to soak your feet in after a hard day's hike. Check out nearby Golden Rock Winery to end your day with amazing ambiance and a bottle of wine. We have a full guide to hiking at Ha Ha Tonka if you want more info on spending your day there.
Big Country Bed and Breakfast
Get away from all the hustle and bustle of the Lake with a stay at Big Country Bed and Breakfast. You'll love the nature-centered rooms, each with its own restroom, WiFi, and television. Look out your window to catch a glimpse of local wildlife such as birds and deer. Of course, there's always breakfast served up piping hot each morning, and your hosts are friendly and accommodating.
The B&B is located on the West side of Lake of the Ozarks, but you're still close to all the fun. Tap and Grill Lakeside Brewhouse is just a short drive away. Playin Hooky Water Taxi is also close, so you can hop aboard a Bar Hop Cruise or charter your own romantic cruise.
Staying at a B&B is a relaxing experience that is more personal than staying at a hotel or large resort. The hosts are willing to go the extra mile to help you plan and enjoy your stay, and you may find some new best friends in the other guests staying there. Whether you're traveling solo, for a romantic getaway, or wanting to enjoy hiking or fishing, one of the bed and breakfasts on our list will no doubt be able to exceed your expectations.